8-Nights Grand Barcelona, Seville and Madrid
Discover the treasures of Spain on this eight night vacation by rail. Travel from Gaudi’s Barcelona south west to Seville, ending your journey in Madrid. Enjoy included guided tours of historic monuments, including the Alcazar in Seville and the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. Discover the main attractions and hidden gems of each city you visit with handpicked included extras, and get ready to soak up some of the spectacular Spanish sunshine!
8 nights from $1849 per person
The capital of Spain since 1562, Madrid is located on the geographic center of the Iberian Peninsula. Because of its central location and high altitude, the climate of Madrid is characterized by warm dry summers and cool winters. Madrid is a city of great monuments. Among its highlights are the medieval center dating back to the Habsburg Empire and the Prado Museum. Madrid is not just a cultural destination. It is also a lively metropolis with many pubs, cafes, discotheques and nightclubs open late into the night.
Barcelona, the self-confident and progressive capital of Spain, is a tremendous place to be. Though it boasts outstanding Gothic and Art Nouveau buildings, and some great museums – most notably those dedicated to Picasso and Catalan art – it is above all a place where there's enjoyment simply in walking the streets, stopping in at bars and cafés, drinking in the atmosphere. A thriving port and the most prosperous commercial centre in Spain, it has a sophistication and cultural dynamism way ahead of the rest of the country. In part this reflects the city's proximity to France, whose influence is apparent in the elegant boulevards and imaginative cooking. But Barcelona has also evolved an individual and eclectic cultural identity, most perfectly and eccentrically expressed in the architecture of Antoni Gaudí. Scattered as Barcelona's main sights may be, the greatest concentration of interest is around the old town (La Ciutat Vella). These cramped streets above the harbor are easily manageable, and far more enjoyable, on foot. Start, as everyone else does, with the Ramblas.
Seville is one place most beloved by visitors to Spain. Although today Moorish influence is architectonically most evident - Andalusia was occupied by Moors for about 800 years - it has been a cultural center long before. Seville was home of famous and infamous figures of history, the legendary "Don Juan" started from here to conquer the hearts of women across all Europe, while Columbus started from a port close to Seville to discover a new world. Prosper Merimée's "Carmen", who couldn't make her decision between the officer Don José and the bullfighter Escamillo, can still be watched today in opera houses. Seville is the very heart of Andalusian culture and the center of bullfighting and Flamenco music. Take it easy and interrupt sightseeing from time to time to have a few "tapas", those typical "small spanish dishes", and a glass of Sherry wine in one of the many bars in this city.
Valid Travel Dates
- 3 nights hotel stay with breakfast in Barcelona
- 2 nights hotel stay with breakfast in Seville
- 3 nights hotel stay with breakfast in Madrid
- Standard (Turista) class train travel as specified in the itinerary
- Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
- City Sightseeing Barcelona Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- 24-hour Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour in Seville including a walking tour
- Skip the line: Alcazar Guided Tour in Seville
- Madrid Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Skip the Line: Prado Museum Tour in Madrid
- Madrid Card
- Explore Gaudi's architecture in Barcelona including a tour of the Sagrada Familia
- Have access to Barcelona's attractions with the Barcelona Card and Hop on Hop off tour
- Enjoy a Skip the Line guided tour of the Alcázar in Seville, a guided walking tour and a Seville Card
- Discover the Prado Museum on a guided Skip the Line Tour in Madrid
- Savor delicious tapas in Madrid and take advantage of the wide range of museums and galleries in this energetic capital city using a Madrid card and a Hop-on Hop-off tour
Please note the title has been updated since the distribution of the October 2018 Today’s Travel Values, Europe.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
610 W. Germantown Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.